Monday, June 11, 2012

DIY Skull T-Shirt

While I was home on vacation, my brother walked over with a stack of men's white tshirts, sized large, and handed them to me.

Somehow, even though I'm not a man, nor am I into oversized white tshirts (that coincidentally fit him), he was convinced that the shirts were mine and had somehow ended up in his room. He was returning them. I laughed and gave them back, but then, of course, I ran across across a site explaining how to make a skull tshirt. And you guessed it! I needed a large, white tshirt.

Luckily, my brother was willing to part with one, though it became a battle! The website tells you to print out a skull shape and transfer it to the shirt, but where's the fun in that?


I had my sister trace my bra straps (since I had no intentions of going braless!) so that I could then draw the skull around them. I drew it in pencil, then cut it out.


It was pretty easy, but I ran into one problem: if the nose isn't pointy, but more rounded, it looks rather like a gorilla. And that's not cool. Ha, luckily it was an easy fix, though the skull face is still a little friendly, and I think the point is that it's supposed to be scary. Oh, well. I'm a friendly person, so I guess it works.


The other problem was that I'm pretty pale, and in order for the shirt to really stand out, I needed to wear a darker color underneath. I'm thinking of dying the shirt to a gray or black color so there's more of a contrast.


What do you think?

1 comment: